Tuesday 22 April 2014

Spicy chicken fillets

I posted a picture on Instagram and Facebook of today's lunch and have been asked for the recipe. It was a mixed vegetable niramish/sabzi with spicy chicken fillets on top. My previous post consists of recipe of the sabzi, and in this post i will be putting up the recipe for the chicken.

Now this chicken can be cooked in many ways and once cooked, can be eaten in many ways. I like it as a side dish with rice, also in a bun as a burger, or my little sister likes it cut up in a tortilla wrap. Such a versatile dish!

I fried the chicken as my oven doesn't work :( but you can bake it, grill it, or if in sunny climes, barbeque it!

I used:

2 chicken breast fillets, cut in half sideways (so they are thinner) and bashed slightly with a rolling pin
2 - 3 tbsp oil
2 tsp garlic and ginger paste
Salt to taste
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp chilli flakes
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp Bolsts curry powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/2tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp paprika
Finely chopped coriander

Mix all of the above ingredients together well in a bowl and coat the chicken well. Cover bowl with cling film and place in fridge to marinate overnight, or 4 hours minimum.

Take the chicken out half an hour before you cook it to allow it to come to room temperature. This way, your chicken will cook evenly throughout.

I used a non stick pan to cook - and lightly brushed oil on. This will allow you to get a nice crust on the chicken. Cook for about 10 minutes each side and cut the middle to check it is no longer pink. Once cooked, serve immediately or let it cool, cut into chunks and eat in wraps.

Unfortunately i didn't take any pictures of the cooking process, but here is a photo of the chicken served on top of my mixed vegetable niramish!

Hope you enjoy!

Yaz ♥

2 comments:

  1. I love the look of this and will give your way a go as it looks lovely!! So glad I came across your blog. All I can say is Masha'allah and consider me as a frequent reader xxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank u so much my darling! I get all giddy when people read my blog lol! If you evrr do try recipes out, please tag me in them on instagram, would love to have a gander. X

      Delete