Saturday 26 October 2013

Assalamu Alaikum, Hello and Welcome!

Firstly, let me introduce myself. My name is Afsana Ahmed, aka Yazmin, aka Amma (mum in Bengali). For the purposes of this blog, I am Yaz :)

I am an almost 27 year old British Bangladeshi woman, wife to guinea pig Kamran Ahmed and mummy to almost 2 year old Aqib Deen Ahmed.

My first love in life is my family. My second love in life is food. I love food. Simple. If logistics and financials allowed, i would feed the entire planet. Truly. However, i will have to make do now with feeding people via this blog. Be it via drooling over my photos (they are drool worthy) or following recipes i use, i will feel that i have fed even one more person. You are all welcome to my home by the way!!

I recently posted a few photos of food on Facebook and Instagram and i was being asked for recipes. I was posting recipes under pictures or messaging people, and i was thinking there must be an easier way to do this. Then i thought why not give this blogging malarkey a go. I mean i am known for talking a lot, so this would be the perfect platform for unleashing my food ideas, cooking, recipes - anything and EVERYTHING food related.

So here we are. I will kick start this blog off with a photo of my spice cupboard. I have reused coffee jars and other containers for storing spices - so don't judge a jar by it's cover!!

I hope you all like my blog. I would appreciate any feedback, positive AND negative.

Thanks in advance for checking out my blog!!

Yaz ♥

8 comments:

  1. Bolsts curry powder is the one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told you that I have catching up to do with your blog which is why I started all the way from the beginning!
    Please intsall a GFC gadget or bloglovin gadget. It will allow your followers to see when you post! I'm using one of your recipes today too!

    Oh P.S- I showed my mum your instagram and blog, Masha'Allah fell in Love!xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww bless u so much hun. Thank u for supporting me! Please make dua i can continue to provide recipes for u hun. How do install the GFC or bloglovin gadget? I'm still pretty new to this!! X

      Delete
  3. I came across your site while searching for a recipe on how to cook hutki shira! I wish you could cook for me! Cuz I'm one of those who loves to eat but not cook! Well, I've checked out what other recipes you have on here and you seriously reminded me of my moms cooking. How I miss food cooked by her :( anyway I will deffinately try out your recipes soon and let you know how I get on. Thanks in advance :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww bless, that's sweet of you to say that you want me to cook for you! You never know, maybe one day! Good luck with trying out the recipes, and if you are on Instagram, please follow me and put up pics so i can see! I'm on Insta as yazkamdeen. Happy cooking :)

      Delete
  4. I was sad that you left MMF so I followed (stalked) you here! Insh Allah when I get my own place I shall be trying out all your recipes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that is very sweet! What was your name on FB? In sha Allah i hope you get your own place soon x

      Delete
  5. Dont worry, since you don't post that often here : ( I've started stalking sorry following! you on Instagram. I'm one of you newer followers : )

    ReplyDelete