Friday 16 January 2015

I'm back! With a brand New KITCHEN!!

So i have been AWOL for about 3 weeks or so, due to having my kitchen refitted. Everybody say yay!

I have been nagging my husband for 7 years to change our kitchen and finally we welcomed 2015 with a messy house, a frustrated child, an excited woman and a penniless man!

Hopefully this is a start to bigger and better things in sha Allah because i love to cook as i'm sure you all know, but felt limited to what i could do. My oven temperature gauge was faulty, which meant no baking, the grill didn't work, i could only use 2 burners of the 4 i had. But now, ma sha Allah, i feel like i can conquer the world! (OK, slight exaggeration!)

I know some people will find my kitchen too bright, or may not like the colour. The thing is, we settled on that colour because my kitchen gets no sunlight - at all. This way i feel it has a light feeling to it, without the paranoia of having white and constantly feeling that it has discoloured etc.

The tiles also tie in with the walls, and i know 4 colours for many may seem too much, but i couldn't settle on 2! I feel it looks fantastic though!

Obviously the star of the kitchen is my brand spanking new 6 burner, double oven, stainless steel beauty by Smeg! Thank you to my husband, truly, because i don't think he realises how much i love him for getting me my dream cooker. I'm not a materialistic person really, and don't buy shoes or handbags, but this was one thing my hubby knew he had to splurge for me on! And for that, he gets a lifetime of home cooked food by me! (As if he didn't anyway!)

The kitchen still has a few finishing touches left to complete and obviously all my things are not out yet, but i thought i would upload a few pics of the progress.

Hope you guys like 😊

3 comments:

  1. ohh wooow, The kitchen looks so nice. Love the colour combinations Lucky Gal!!. Look at the cooker, so jealous!! =p
    resh-inspire.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely brite kitchen... Why didnt u get a kitchen extention done? Make it more bigger n spacious...anyways loveeeee ur cooking on youtube....dont ever deactivate.

    ReplyDelete